This Heirloom Vineyards Private Selection Chardonnay was produced from a single Adelaide Hills Vineyard near Charleston whose clones and viticulture embody the very best in cutting edge but old school viticulture and winemaking. This wine is a barrel selection of the very best.
Try it with this Spring Pea and Bacon Risotto pairing by Gavin Sutherland. Recipe here.
Click here for Tasting Note
- Winemaker Challenge International Wine Competition (USA) 2020 – Gold Medal, 91 Points
- China Wine & Spirits Best Value 2020 - Gold Medal
- Decanter World Wine Awards 2020 - 91 Points
- Regan Drew, Vinonotebook 2020 - 91 Points
- James Suckling - 90 Points
Attractive and savoury Chardonnay on show. Initial “chicken salt” brine and light mealy notes before a rearguard of stonefruit, grapefruit citrus, cucumber water and softly smoky, sultry vanilla kissed oak. Tight as a button, almost to the point of introversion. Straight and lean, stays within the lines. There’s an edge of nettle: both flavour and sting. Carries with persistence, rather than generosity for the moment. Give it a little time to relax. Regan Drew December 9, 2020