This Heirloom Vineyards Tempranillo was made from our best Adelaide Hills Vineyard near the Kuitpo Forest whose manicured old vines embody the very best in cutting edge, but old school viticulture and winemaking. Hand tended vines, sorted bunch by bunch with 30% whole bunches, naturally open fermented, basket-pressed and stored in well seasoned French oak barriques from bespoke coopers for 9 months before bottling.
This wine is suitable for vegans.
Match it with this Spicy Korean Beef Burger prepared by another_food_blogger.
Video of Rosie Signer in the vineyard discussing Heirloom Adelaide Hills Tempranillo
Click here for Tasting Note
- China Wine & Spirits Awards 2020 – Double Gold Medal
- Women’s Wine & Spirits Awards 2020 – Gold Medal
- Mike Bennie, Australia’s Wine Business Magazine March-April 2021 – 93 Points
- San Diego International Wine & Spirits Challenge 2020 – Gold Medal, 91 Points
- Adelaide Hills Wine Show 2020 – Gold Medal
- Sommelier International Wine & Spirits Competition 2020 – Silver Medal
- Critics International Wine Challenge (USA) 2021 – Silver Medal
- Regan Drew, Vinonotebook 2020 - 91 Points
Deep bruise purple from core to rim, with a bright highlight. On the nose it delivers earthy wet sand, hints of herbaceous cola, steeping black plums, fat blackberries, flinty blue stone, padron piquancy and Easter egg chocolate. Plush fruit front and with a juicy medium-full frame there’s some protein-like meaty depth before an unfurling hall runner of fine tannins through the drying finish that cries out for food. 9 December 2020